There is a high demand for hiring housekeepers in Mumbai because we are so busy with our daily lives and always have our hands full. Finding a helper, especially for house cleaning, can save us a lot of time and energy, and we candevote time to more important tasks, while enjoying an increase in quality time with our friends and family. Housekeeping jobs are of three kinds: domestic, commercial/office, and residential society hotel housekeeping.
There are a few basic rules while hiring housekeeping staff in general, although the specific criteria for theabove three types are different. Hirea domestic helper that has a kind nature and good temperament. Make her feel comfortable in the house, and partake in small conversations to get to know her. She doesn’t necessarily need to be professionally qualified. On the other hand, while hiring housekeeping for commercial purposes lookat basic conversational ability and etiquette. You will need to induct the housekeeper with business/company etiquette and behavioural guidelines that need to be followed.
Some hiring agencies offer packaged services per day or month and special housekeeping rates for the entire year. Let’s take a look at a few tips one should keep in mind when going through housekeeping job profiles.
• Routine background checks are essential. Take the helper’s address, contact numbers and a passport size photograph.
• Confirm monthly wages and lay ground rules about taking leave. Clearing financial matters at the beginning of hiring housekeeping ensures transparent payment terms.
• Have a scheduled meeting with your new housekeeper/housekeeping service. Discuss his/her concerns, share suggestions, ask questions, etc. Decide if the working relationship is acceptable to both parties.
• Ask for references to ensure the housekeeping staff doesn’t behave oddly. Also, it is advisable to do a criminal background check. Even if youfind a helper through personal references, ask for her identity proof and register her in the police station. This ensures your safety.
• Inquire if your helper has insurance as it is essential if he/she injures himself/herself while engaged at your workplace.
• Since the maid will be frequenting the house, it is advisable that the maid is fit for work and has no illnesses or health issues. Ask for a fitness certificate to be sure.
We hope these tips help you find and select a house helper in India.Helper4u.in, an online database of domestic helpers, offers background checks as a service for an extra charge of anywhere between Rs.300 – Rs.4000 depending on the requirement. You can refer to this link for more details. http://blog.helper4u.in/background-verification-better-be-safe-than-sorry/.